Pyramid / ERM Multiclock / iconnectivity MIO 10 / DAW

@JimBrackpool thank you! I’ve been out of town, but I’m going to be test again tonight to see if I can figure out how to record pyramid midi data on the grid. I was experimenting a bit with ERMs config changing it from POS to POS/NEG. When I select POS/NEG I’ll get a 1 bar lead in before the clock starts and I’m finding midi notes are moving closer to the grid. There’s also a midi delay setting in logic that I need to explore better to see if that’s where my issues are. I agree the issue is somewhere in logic and not the pyramid or the multi clock.

I have each output of the ERM attached to four ins of the MIO, but I’m only using one clock at the moment. In the future if I were to need a slightly different clock I figured it would be easier having everything already wired up.

I figured out the double midi notes when recording from pyramid into logic. In logic there’s a midi preferences setting where you can check or uncheck midi inputs. When I deselected all the midi inputs coming from my synths using both a usb connection and a midi in connection, logic started filtering the midi off notes and recording them without duplicates.

Hey, the clock offsets may help account for midi recording latency but won’t account for jitter… I think…Meaning you might get closer to the grid but you won’t necessarily get your notes consistently close to the grid, there will still be some that drift here and there. For reasons I mentioned before.

Pure speculation but, perhaps the ‘count in’ give the computer a bit more time to get its shit together before it has to start dealing with incoming MIDI notes. Who knows? Someone probably.

Thing is, unless you are wedded to the swing FX on the Pyramid, you can always quantize your recorded MIDI to snap it to grid and then re-swing it in the DAW to get your groove back.

One other thing to note…When you are zooming in on those recorded notes, like right in, what you are seeing may be only fractional discrepancies. Those milliseconds that they look off by may be present in what you are hearing anyway, you just never had the means of quantifying them against a visual reference. Unless your recorded MIDI it is audibly messy when you play it back, it might not be worth getting too hung up on it unless it’s pre grid and makes editing annoying.

Glad you got your double notes sorted at least.

jim

Can this mio be configured to send midi thru?

How do you mean? Can it be used like a midi thru box / splitter?

Yes. And more. It can route, merge or filter any midi at any incoming midi port to any outgoing midi port. You can also re-map channels via the software. So like, anything coming in in Ch. 10 on port one can be mapped to Ch. 16 on port three, for example.

Or route incoming USB Midi to DIN outs, or vice versa. They are super flexible boxes. If you have daisy chained devices or a bunch of split/merge boxes it can really optimize your rig. Plus you can save multiple configurations so once everything is physically connected you can just manage everything via the software.

jim

jim

1 Like

Okay cool because what I was looking to do was send all my synths/drum machines midi outs into my pyramids in while also sending my ymc10s midi out into the pyramids in as well. I currently have to switch out if I want to use a midi keyboard.