Pyramid Backup on OSX script update - now with better multi card support

Hey, you may remember I recently posted a script for pyramid backups. I realized some situations I needed it to handle and so, pyra_back is now improved.

Here’s the original thread:

I can’t revive that thread because there are rules but I have some updates that make things easier to use and better at multi card support.

With the latest update, pyra_back has these new features:

• Better ‘newness’ algorithm which removes some potential bad situations
  • Better Multi-card support (you use multiple memory cards with the pyramid)
    — If you have a song on two or more cards and have made a change to the song on only one card, pyra_back gives you the option to update the contents of a memory card
    – Divergence detection – if you have the same song on multiple cards and you make changes to that song on multiple cards, pyra_back now gives you a simple workflow. There’s no way to merge, but you can choose to keep one of the versions available, or do nothing and resolve the conflict yourself.
  • Easier setup - now all you need to get started is python3 and virtualenv on your system. pyra_back has a simple script that will setup and enter the runtime environment for you.

If you were using the original version, I highly recommend you switch to the latest version as this version is much safer.

2 Likes

You should check Kivy and make it into an app with gui, more people would use it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.