Pyramid arpeggiator, what is happening?

There is no CV involved, every revision of Dark energy has a standard midi input, patching is optional. It also behaves like this with other synths ( Vermona mono lancet, Dreadbox Erebus, etc)

Thanks, I’m going to check out the topics on live quantisation and see if I can setup the arp to make it work as I wish

unfortunately, my post was not really intended as a solution, rather an explanation,
largely because, I saw talk about it being your hardware etc, which is a red-herring, and I didnt want you to waste time going down that route.
the issue of not having ‘live quantisation’ is not something we as users can fix/workaround really, even with a good understanding it. this understanding, only helps us understand the “limitation” we are going to have to work “within”, not find a ‘cure’.

to get this to changed needs development work. which you will need to talk to Squarp (via Contact Form for feature requests/bugs).

as for now, the only way I can see around this is to use smart pads (basically chord entry) either via an external keyboard (as described above), or playing on the pyramid smart pads (which is probably what I would do).
for sure, it’s far from ideal, but as users we can only work with what we have.

Now I understand, the point is that the input is not quantised.
I guess all arpeggiators I’ve played had quantised input by default and the arp moved always on the beat.
So there is no solution but at leats now I know how it works, thanks

1 Like

Yes, sorry @LB82 , I completely overlooked that there is no live quantisation on Pyramid. I felt that maybe the MIDI to CV conversion of the DE’s MIDI interface might have provided a possible explanation and/or a potential solution (because once in the analogue domain the note on and note value become, in effect, separate). But I didn’t know what was at the route of the problem.

Thank you @thetechnobear for the excellent explanation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.