Program change info in 'definition files'

I’m thinking of making a feature request related to the upcoming MIDI ‘definition files’ (or alternative) for HAPAX.
Obviously it makes sense to see what Squarp have in store before making suggestions but I thought I’d see what people here think about this idea.

I’d love to be able to select from names of patches as well as CCs. So I can essentially select patches from the HAPAX for patterns in the same way as I can select instruments from pyramid.

For example, I have been really enjoying using my Roland JV-1010 on a bunch of the channels of HAPAX. I’ve been referring to this handy sheet for reference when selecting patches for particular tracks/patterns. (I didnt create it, a user on the gearspace forum posted it).

It would be very handy to have all that info stored alongside the names for MIDI CCs, just to cut down on needing to refer to manual/computer.

I wonder if anyone has any views on that approach I should consider before submitting the feature request? Seems a bit more complex than naming CCs as it would require naming specific combinations of PC, MSB and LSB numbers.

2 Likes

Good idea!

While there, it might be nice to add an option to send the program change just before the pattern launches, so devices that need more time to correctly load a patch will be ready before the first note starts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A way to manually +/- the time in beats for the clip PC changes would be really great!

3 Likes

Ohhh Cirklon has the idea of presending program change:

2 Likes

Ive already raised this with Squarp, and they have said they raised a ticket, and will think about solutions.

2 Likes