Possible to record assignement mouvements?

Hi there!
Is it possible to record assignement mouvements?
EX:
If I hit the REC button, and move one of the 8 knobs, shouldn’t the knob movement be recorded?

1 Like

assignment of what exactly?

When you press 2nd + assign button, you can map the rotary knobs to CC for example.
Then pressing REC button should / could record the knob motion…

1 Like

your post was edited to say something other than what i responded to. thanks.

:thinking: CC values can be set on the hapax grid. Why not via a knob ?

Well,
The mute function changed quite a bit with v2 (for the better).
So i guess things can evolve.
Plus you mentioned that ‘‘midi is not really working that way’’.
This makes absolutely no sens to me.

ho hum

hapax, apax

nom masculin

1. DIDACTIQUE

Mot, forme, emploi dont on ne peut relever qu’un exemple (dans un corpus donné).

Word, form, use of which we can only cite one example (in a given corpus).

Let’s hope for the best.

Peace out.

i don’t know why @solipsvs is being so dismissive here (like they are in nearly all the feature request threads). i think its a great idea to be able to record movements on the assign knobs into the automation screen.

3 Likes

not dismissive. youre able to add your 2 cents? do you feel dismissed? thats just my 2 cents lol take with grain of salt. you asked squarp for the feature? you did good.

im not ‘they’ btw

Well I’m glad you’re not “them” because reading you made me think that you knew what was technically possible or impossible with that box.
And that you were the guy that decides what Hapax should or shouldn’t be…

1 Like

Unless I am mistaken, the movement will be recorded in the automation if the same parameter (as the assignment) has been added in the automation

To me they are separate menus / functions.
It would be great to have the ability to record movement on both btw…

Well, great news, I got an answer from Tom (Squarp team) and that feature is already implemented :rofl:

Simply press REC while moving the encoders, and a new curve should appear in AUTOM mode.

Life is a humbling teacher

4 Likes

yeah the original question was if we can automate track output assignments such as port and channel but it was either deleted or changed.

Nothing was changed bro.

please be clear about what you are asking.