PC Presets names

Hello all, very proud to be part of the Hapax community.

First dumb question (you should be prepared with me :slight_smile: , despite the PC presets names present in the instruments definitions files, I can’t find any way to display them on the Hapax and ther’s nothing about it the manual. What are they use for?

ex:
# PC
# MSB/LSB must be between 0…127
[PC]
1:0:NULL User 1
# add user patches here…
1:1:NULL LONG PAD 1
2:1:NULL MOVING PAD
3:1:NULL SOFT PAD 1
[/PC]

Thanks for reading

Welcome @mikei :wave: As far as I know those names are for reference in the text document. I’ve noticed some definitions that I’ve downloaded have the names included and some don’t - regardless, I’ve played around with it and it did not have an effect on what the Hapax was displaying.

1 Like

If you choose the program change from the definition instead of just program change number, Hapax will show you the names

1 Like

Hello Maarten, thanks for your response, sadly I can’t make it work, maybe it’s because of a bad instrument definition. When you say ‘from the definition’ you mean in the automation page? Maybe you can provide a screenshot , for me to be sure from where to start :wink:

Best regards

No it is in the cc list. So within [cc] and [/cc].

Automation is for creating default automation lanes of certain cc numbers when loading a definition.

See the comments in the template file for more info;
https://squarp.net/hapax/instr_def/template.txt

You can set the names in the CC definition area. Then when you use the automation area it will use the names defined in the CC’s

1 Like

When I read the template , I see this:

# PC
# Syntax: NUMBER NAME
# number must be either:
#   - A number (for simple PC)
#   - Three numbers, delimited by ':', which represent PC:MSB:LSB. You can put 'NULL' to not set the MSB/LSB.
# PC must be between 1...128
# MSB/LSB must be between 0...127
[PC]
[/PC]

# CC
# Syntax: CC_NUMBER NAME or CC_NUMBER:DEFAULT=xx NAME
# DEFAULT_VALUE must be a valid number between 0 and 127
[CC]
[/CC]

So nothing about Program Change in the cc list. And If I read you well , writing down the PC Change Names in the (PC)(/PC) field is completly useless.
Very confusing , I will do without them.

Thanks everybody for your support

Wish you the best

I’m sorry, I got confused and mixed up PC and CC.

Anyway, so see the PC names, hold the track number button, then don’t select PC but scroll down and go to INSTR DEF to select a program change by name.

2 Likes

Hi Maarten, I’ve found them, FINALLY :sweat_smile:

Thanks very much for your kind effort

Best regards

2 Likes