Patterns not changing in Pattern Mode

Hello,
Just getting to know the Hapax and have run into an issue. Not sure what I’ve done with this Project. Maybe there’s a setting I have turned on? So I have 4 tracks, for some reason, it gets in a state where i can’t change the patterns via the buttons. If I click a blank button , let’s say to turn off the sequences on that track, it just shows the same screen as if I pressed the track number button itself. It doesn’t switch the patterns. Same if I try to change the pattern on the track, I can’t switch the patterns with the pattern button itself. If I push the arrow button at the far right to trigger all tracks patters for that row, that works fine, but if I try to trigger individual tracks it doesn’t I’ve saved the project and turned off the machine and then turned it bac on and loaded it up again and the same behavior.

Just messing around right now, it seems if I hit 2nd or Pattern and then the button it works… so is there some type of “latch” that I’ve turned on?

I can record a video if the above doesn’t explain …

I find that there is a bit of a tricky difference between a click and a press. You need to give it a fairly quick tap to get it to change patterns rather than show you settings. It would be nice if the sensitivity were a bit different.

I might as well put in a feature request (got the page open). :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the same intuition as @dstengle that this might be a “hold/press” issue.

There is already a setting which might help:

• Settings>MISC>HOLD TIME
    Change the time for a button press to be registered as a Hold action.
2 Likes

Extra slow works for me!

That is definitely it! I did some quick selections and it was working, so I switched the Hold Time as detailed to make it go with my flow more :slight_smile: Thank you! I was having some similar problems on the step mode as well, which are also fixed now. Appreciate it!

2 Likes

Oh yes! I was having this issue to and thought it was a fault with my Hapax, thanks for sharing.