On/Off tracks with midi CC

Is there a way to switch on/off a track from track display using midi cc with pad for example ?
Why ? I could push button 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 to do that… But…
My hermod is far enough from me and I want to control everything from a keyrig.
Does anyone do that ?

i don’t think there’s any way to do this in the current firmware. I asked them for the same feature for the midi fx, so for example you could turn them on and off from a controller without having to go to the track page then select the track then go to midi fx page then push the midi fx to turn on or off, you could just push 1 button on any midi controller. they said in short is not possible tho

One can select sequences via the CV inputs, but switching on/off tracks and also effects (that’s what I would be interested in) is not possible at the moment. A hack would be to “mute” a track via an effect or an effect parameter which de facto mutes the output (for example, setting note velocity to zero).

Yes, I thought about that and I use this way.
Thank you guys for your answers :wink:

Enjoy your modular :cowboy_hat_face:

Re what Andreas posted: On the Pyramid, I use MIDI CC’s to turn on/off tracks by placing a Chance Effect on Tracks and set the chance to 0%. Disabling the Chance Effect via MIDI CC turns the track ‘on’ which is done remotely from a generic box/knob controller routed thru a BomeBox for complex masking…but effectively I’m turning On/Off Tracks via the Chance Effect controlled by MIDI CCs.

I’m not sure how that applies to the Hermod. I see it has a Chance Effect, but I don’t use it so I’m not going to delve into the manual for specific application. Your mileage may vary. :wink:

1 Like

This is another very good idea to explore. Hermod actually has a Chance effect, and your idea can do it too :+1:

HI! did this finally worked on hermod? @yayellou did you try this trick?