Nord Drum P3 definition file

Here is my definition file for the Nord Drum P3. I have the Nord set up to receive global MIDI messages on channel 10 and to receive individual channel messages on channels 11 to 16.

On the Pyramid I set up 7 tracks for the Nord Drum, the first one outputs to MIDI channel 10, with the DRM_NOTE definition; and the other 6 output to MIDI channels 11 through 16 with the DRUM_CTL definition.

This way I can send polyphonic drum patterns on channel 10 and send CC automation messages for each individual voice on channels 11 to 16. Also, when I want to send note sequences or euclidean sequences to individual voices, I use channels 11 to 16.

NAME:DRUM_CTL
OUT:B
CHANNEL:11
0:BankMSB
7:Vol
10:Pan
12:RvrbType
13:RvrbColr
14:NoiFreq
15:NoiType
16:NoiDyn
17:NoiReso
18:NoiLvl
19:TonLvl
20:NoiDecMd
21:NoiDecay
23:DistAmt
24:DistType
25:EqFreq
26:EqGain
30:TonSpect
31:TonPitch
32:BankLSB
44:DlyRate
45:DlyFedbk
46:TonWave
47:DelayAmt
48:RvrbAmt
49:TonDecMd
50:TonDecay
52:TonFreq
53:TonDyn
54:TonBend
55:TonBTime
56:ClikLvl
57:ClikType
59:MonoGrup
63:TnPitLSB

NAME:DRM_NOTE
OUT:B
CHANNEL:10
N36:1KIK
N37:2SNR
N38:3HH
N39:4CLP
N40:5TOM
N41:6CYM

6 Likes

This is a great resource… You’ve given me new hope after a heap of frustrating experiences. Thank you

1 Like

Um…manual discusses the creation of def files (have the Nord DP3 file saved as a txt file on my Mac desktop. I don’t see anywhere in the manual that talks through the installation of said file into the Pyramid. Advice please

See here in the “Call an instrument” section.

Thank you… But… Doesn’t this assume the txt file is already installed on the Pyramid on the SD card? As the Pyramid is not connected to my computer… How is the file being read?

Copy the file to the SD card

Insert the SD card in your computer, put the file in the root folder of the SD card, insert card in pyramid and then load it as described in “Call an instrument”.

1 Like

Oh dear… Old age is getting to me… Thank you both…:pray:

When I mount the Squarp pre supplied SD card on my mac it appears as untitled…are they issued unformatted or is it a mac pc incompatibility thing…dont want to reformat if I’m going to erase system files from the card

Other than your saved projects there should not be anything valuable in the SD card. I’m not 100% sure about this.