No sound from Wavestate connected to thePyramid

Have recently purchased a Pyramid and tried to do some live sequencing using the Wavestate. Have connected the MIDI out of the Korg to the MIDI in of the Pyramid. I have MIDI data going in and I can hear the keys being played… Once recorded, and playback starts, there’s no sound. MIDI cables are fine. Both units are on the same MIDI channels. Multi is not on in the Pyramid. Korg is using the Pyramid clock. Had this issue a few years ago with my first Pyramid unit and I don’t think that was resolved so I can’t use that experience to inform this one. I used Oliver’s You Tube MIDI set up guide to set up the Pyramid. But maybe there’s something in his set up which is different to mine. In any case, can someone please give me a few ideas. Thank you. Roman. PS. I have a short video showing the issue but I couldn’t attach it here

Hi, Roman. If you only have the MIDI out of the Korg connected to the Pyramid MIDI in, you will only be able to record the MIDI and not play it back. You also need to connect a MIDI out of the Pyramid to the MIDI in of the Korg.

You probably hear it as you’re playing & recording because you have “Local On” set on the Korg. You will want to turn that off after you have the new cable connected to avoid double triggers (one local and one through the Pyramid) and ensure you have your MIDI channels configured correctly. Make sure your MIDI channel(s) on the Pyramid track is the channel your Korg is configured to receive.

You’ll be up and running in no time.

Many thanks for the quick reply. But unfortunately still no sound. There must be be a setting in the Midi In on the squarp that’s not right. Also tried swapping out cables…no change…and tried my MicroFreak as well…no change

Update : Have done a factory reset on the Pyramid and now I can’t even get midi in…this is one frustrating unit

MIDI settings are notoriously tricky to get right in any setup. If you’re willing to describe very comprehensively all the MIDI settings (parameter name and value) on both devices, I’m willing to read them over and try to help you troubleshoot them.

I’ll send in pictorial form

And for the Microfreak…

Part 2 MF

Let me know if I’ve missed anything but I think that’s all the info relating to MIDI. Thank you

maybe double check that Track 1 on Pyramid is actually set to (1) MIDI A output, and not USB; and (2) set to MIDI Channel 1?

In addition to Chris’s helpful advice, I would add:

1. MIDI Thru on your synth should definitely be changed to OFF in this setup or else you will get a MIDI loop (infinite feedback of MIDI messages).

2. MIDI A on the Pyramid settings should be changed to OUT+THRU so your synth will receive both the MIDI of the synth keyboard (because local is correctly off) and the MIDI output of the Pyramid.

Hope this helps.

Thank you…yes and yes…
R

Success at last…it was the midi out + thru
Many thanks for your persistence
Greatly appreciated
R

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.