I recently acquired the squarp pyramid MK3 and want to use it as brain/sequencer for my setup with:
- Moog Matriarch
- Vermona Perfourmer
- Analog Rytm
- Elektron Octatrack
- Novation Peak
- DSI Prophet 6 (keys)
- Nord drum 2
- Conductive Labs NDLR
- with some fx pedals also receiving midi din clock
I have a kenton midi thru 12 box, and a kenton midi merge 8 box.
Main goals are:
- To keep everything clocksynced, with pyramid (or octatrack) as master clock, which ever is best.
- To be able to do live recording (like mr tuna haha) of the midi (i think its called omni mode?)
- I’d love to be able to drum in my drums ‘live’ using the nord drum 2, and have the pyramid ‘live sequence’ it immediately thereafter.
- what would the best master clock be (squarp or octatrack)
- what would the best midi cabling/routing option be?
- latency: will this be an issue?
- midi channels: if the vermona already uses 4 channels, and the nord drum can use 6, and looking at the rest of my synths, I fear I will run out of midi channels, and will have problems with echo-ing or multiple synths being triggered at times I don’t want them to.
Curious to hear your thoughts, i’m quite a newbie, so any advice on the optimal setup and how to prevent above described problems are very welcome, thanks for your time!
Greetings from Amsterdam!