Need help using velocity in ModMatrix

I’ve just got a Cre8audio West Pest which is semi-modimar, and it’s my first opportunity to use the CV outs on my Hapax.
I wanted to use Velocity as a source and CV as destination in the ModMatrix, but Velocity isn’t a selectable source for me.

The manual says keytracking, velocity and fill are sources, but I only have CC, PB, AT, CV IN & LFO.

What am I doing wrong? :sob:

these are all present for me… and works.

mod matrix,
press encoder 1 (source)… scroll down → velocity
press encoder 5 (destination) … scroll down → cv out 3 (e.g)

what do you mean by ‘isn’t selectable’ ? its missing? or is greyed out?

feels like we need more info…
what track type are you using? midi input source?

Thanks, I appreciate the help - and hopefully this helps any other new owners.

Velocity just isn’t in the scroll down.
Interestingly NPRN was there when I loaded the project, but disappeared when I changed channel, so there’s some kind of conditional logic that I can’t figure out.

Old firmware? Velocity as source/destination was only added recently (version 1.12 in November)

I was on 1.12, have just updated to the latest. Same issue, and have lost the NPRN option.
Think my best bet is to raise a ticket.
Even if this is a user issue then at least I can update here and it will help anyone googling the same problem.

It is my pleasure to announce the issue is now resolved.
This was a firmware issue. Apparently my Hapax wasn’t updating even after the MCU confirmation. Most likely SD card related.

So, if anyone else has this make sure to back up your projects and settings, then use a new SD card to update the firmware.

Your selecting destination, you need to select source for velocity. …
Wrong encoder :slight_smile:

1 Like