N00b realisation: Track Run Modes are *Per Pattern*! Woo!

Perhaps this was obvious to all, but you can set a different [Track Run Mode] per each Pattern in a Track?
Whut?

This is freakin brilliant!

Learned this by accident - Patterns aren’t really covered with much depth in the documentation or I missed it. Honest: I’ve done plenty of studying of the manual, both before getting the unit, after getting the unit, hands on, hands off.

A happy accident.
Sorry…just excited

4 Likes

yep! :slight_smile:

this ties in with the problem raised somewhere in this thread :
http://squarp.community/t/project-play-if-not-all-pattern-are-available-at-least-96-sequences-in-the-total/200/22

the pattern mode is a bit “buried” (confused?) for now…

but the parameters independant per pattern are:
-the run mode (2ND+track)
-the length
-the time signature
-MSB - LSB - PC (2ND+track)

2 Likes

OMLOG!
THANKYOU!!!

Apologies for the caps, but I’d swear I was messing around last week and though the Patterns couldn’t have an independent length. I must not have been navigating properly.

Because this has just gotten even better!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
(I’ll be happier if/when the patterns are unburied enough to import Type 1 .mid files…BUT: baby steps)

I…love…this…machine.

ETA: I didn’t follow that thread because I dismissed the original question as not applicable in my situation. 32 Sequences, with 64 Tracks in Mute/Unmute states, with 32 Patterns per Track…along with realtime modulation and the fact I’m running a parallel sequencer for Audio loops (OT) is more than enough for me. For now. :wink:

3 Likes

Yep, it isn’t covered much. I am still trying to find what I can use PC, MSB and LSB for… Have you found some good guidance about it?
Also the Run modes - I guess they are similar to the Sequence run modes?

PC= Program Change
MSB/LSB=Bank Change, most significant byte & least significant respectively

I think on “run modes” i was thinking they were sequence based, but this thread was discovering they are much much more flexible

Yeah, I know what they mean, but what can you use them for in this particular (i.e. Track) mode?

I apologise: I’m confused by your question.
PgmChg/MSB/LSB are for changing the patch on your synth from the Pyramid. That is what you use them for in particular: to set the Bank (MSB/LSB) and Patch you want to use rather than dialing them in manually on the synth itself.

Note: this is for digital synths that respond to PgmChg & Bank Change. I’m not responsible for how modulars respond. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, I see now! Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

You may only need to use the LSB/MSB values if your synth puts presets in banks or if it can hold more than 127 presets. To get a pgm change for preset 127, you might set PC to 127 and leave MSB/LSB at 0. To get a pgm change for preset 128, you’d set PC to 0 and MSB to 1 (you might even need to set LSB to 1 too). But it will vary from synth to synth.

If presets are in banks of say, 50 then the MSB/LSB values will take care of banks A-0, B-1, C-2 etc. But it will change from synth to synth. (But will surely be covered in the MIDI implementation chart in the manual. )

Happily though, Pyramid will send a PC whenever you turn one of the encoders. So you can just fiddle with the 3 encoders until the synth has landed on the preset you want, then you’re done.

jim

Don’t be like me and try to assign program change on the wrong track and spend 15 minutes reading MIDI implementation charts, trying to figure out why it’s not working.

Also, you can embed program change into a track in the CC mode, which is what I did before stumbling across this setting option. It’s a bit more of a challenge but if you want to change the patch in the middle of a sequence, this is they way to go.

1 Like