๐ŸŽน๐ŸŽ›๐Ÿ”ˆ Music from Pyramid #444

I hav a new video exploring this cool little reverb pedal. Also the Pyramid is driving everything ( including the Elektron Digitakt ) Hope you like it!

4 Likes

You add a beautiful touch to everything you do!

Nice synth sound in the end! I can really tell how much you must love your little synth corner. So many little details. Nuts, in a good way! Keep it up!

I like it, I watched your other videos before purchasing the Pyramidโ€ฆkeep up the good work

The Pyramid is strong in tis one! for a Fistful of Ants! my first track with the Digitakt (take a bunch of extra midi LFOs Elektron!) and Tanzbar Lite with Plankton Electronics Ants! offering a mad Pyramid-driven Arpeggio.

Interesting technique, Iโ€™m automating the Arp type from up/down to random every bar, which makes for an interesting repetitive but evolving pattern.

1 Like

Maybe i 'm gonna ask a question that will make everybody surprised :

do you really need the squarp pyramid with the digitakt ?
does this combo is not repetittive ?

1 Like

Digitakt has 8 MIDI tracks. Digitakt has limited polyphonic sequencing (4-note chords max). No song mode, only pattern-chaining that canโ€™t be saved. No auto-scales. 1 MIDI effect (LFO).
A Digitakt would not replace a Pyramid, though would complement it very well. I believe that sequencers are like band/orchestra members. Each has itโ€™s thing it excels at. Although the Digitakt can play chords, it is very much being sold as a sampling โ€˜drum computerโ€™ in the same vein as the E-MU SP1200 and probably make for a brilliant drummer/percussionist with some okay keyboard and guitar skills.

Specifically this last video contains the following tracks, all controlled from the Pyramid:

Digitakt: 4 tracks
Tanzbar Lite: 4 tracks
PreenFM2: 3 tracks
MU-80: 3 tracks
Ants!: 1 track
Blofeld: 4 tracks
MicroMonsta: 1 track

So thatโ€™s what 20 midi track driven from the Pyramid? Most tracks contain between 2 and 4 patterns, and have lengths between 1 and 16 bars ( bars, as in measures, not beats, not steps ). Also I was using a couple of Pyramid LFO from the Pyramid to supplement the single LFO the Digitakt has access to.

My preference is to sequence absolutely everything from a single source, but a different workflow might work better for you.

2 Likes

I always smile when I see a simple 80โ€™s GM rompuler amongst a litany of esoteric and niche instruments. For me itโ€™s my M1.
One thing about MIDI LFOs which makes me not want to use them much is that they deliver absolute values and there is no way to pin to an x axis value which the wave centres on. My Bitstream 3x does have an LFO that works in that way which I have running CC02 and use basically as a 5th LFO for my Tetra.

Actually the whole Rompler / General Midi scene is from the mid-90s ( the MU-80 was released in 1994 ) but I get your point. The MIDI LFO on the Pyramid is relative to the previous CC value so you can stack them, and you can pick the center of the wave by setting an automation value first. So if you want the LFO to go from 20-40 you can set a CC in step mode to 30, and set a range of 20 on the LFO

Yeah I dunno why I (and a lot of others) associate the rompler with the 80โ€™s; I got my M1 in 1991, I should remember.
Cheers for the tip on using the Pyramid LFOโ€™s.