Multi-track recording still not working on beta

I cant seem to get multi-track recording to work on the new beta 2.0 firmware

MIDI is setup correctly and I can play any of my synths and the hapax will light up the appropriate track.

I can play synths from the hapax, I can play into the hapax with my synths.

But as soon as I go to record, I can only record on an active track. Even then I have to disarm and re-arm recording to get it to create a track and sequence what i’m playing (whether that’s from the hapax or a synth it doesn’t matter)

I can see tracks responding as I play from different synths but they do not record unless that track is selected and then i re-arm the selected track for recording.

Any tips/experience here or is this just a beta-bug?

2 Likes

Here’s a video of it doing the things described:

2 Likes

Ok maybe now with a little more info what I need to do is arm multi-track recording in mix/mute mode… will be back at the studio tomorrow and report back with update!

1 Like

it works perfectly here

did you set all midi-tracks you want to record to, to the correct midi track (they must not be on Input All Active)?

1 Like

all midi tracks are set on the right channel, the hapax responds correctly on every channel it just does not seem to record unless i am on the specific track.

Mix/Mute mode is enabled and I still cant multi-track sadly.

here is another clip: https://youtu.be/FFRpnUbihfI

any help greatly appreciated!

Looks like you didn’t arm the tracks in MixMute mode

if i see the yt-video correctly, none of the tracks is armed

1 Like

Juuuust came back to say I figured that out!
Thank so much for your help

any idea how to set a default track length like on the Pyramid?

Glad it works now :slight_smile:

As far as I know, you can’t set the default pattern length. I usually use the auto length feature (2nd + Rec - Looper)

I set all of my track lengths and then save the project as ‘Default’. Now I’m good to go each time I start a new project.

Edit. I realize you’re probably wanting to change the default behavior. That would be nice!