Minimal voltage required for CV IN clock sync

Hello,
I’m new here I’m a bit of fence on buying Pyramid, basically I want it, but first I need to make sure it will work as I think it will in my theorized setup before I pull the trigger. I will not bore you with details about it, but I ask you kindly for help with these questions:

-What is minimal voltage required to push the clock when syncing through CV IN option? (maybe say what is maximal accepted as well, can’t find clear specs in manual for that either only clues)
-Will playback start automatically once it starts to receive clock, or gate/pedal signal going high is required?

-What is minimal voltage required to push the clock when syncing through CV IN option? (maybe say what is maximal accepted as well, can’t find clear specs in manual for that either only clues)

I don’t know the exact levels, but in my experience the Pyramid is a bit picky. Right now I have the Korg SQ-1 in between my click track from tape and the Pyramid, as the level was too low for the Pyramid on its own, but fine for the SQ-1 sync input. The SQ-1 sync out is high enough for the Pyramid.
(In fact I have just contacted Squarp with a suggestion for a wider range of sync input levels.)

-Will playback start automatically once it starts to receive clock […]?

Yes!

interesting question :slight_smile:

I just did a test… in my setup 1.5v was the minimum, even slightly below this started causing issues.
(so Id want to send a little bit more than that)

maximum… the voltage range on the pyramid is 0-5v, but its designed for Eurorack ranges (?) ,
so it will clip outside this e.g. I sent -5v at it didn’t kill it… I was using a bipolar lfo from my rack at the time.

• so though Ive not tried, I assume +/-10v or so will be fine (probably bit more?) … not sure Id want to send 100v thru it :wink:

I guess squarp will not want to put a too low limit on the trig voltage, as too low, and you start getting into concerns about noise etc. 1.5v seems reasonable to me ?!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.