Midi - Song position pointer and continue

Hi there,

I couldn’t find informations about song position pointer and continue midi messages for the Hapax.
Does it take in charge these midi messages ?
Here is my use case :
My Hapax is slave of my Deluge.
I work in arrangement view of the Deluge (song mode)
I created a song on Hapax with one section of one pattern of 32 bar.
If I start the deluge at bar 2.4, Hapax starts playing at bar 1.0

If Hapax does not receive spp & continue command, what are the alternatives ?
Don’t know if it is possible :
If I set Hapax as master, can I start the song at bar 2.4 ? If so, does it sends spp and continue messages ?

If SPP and continue messages are not implemented, any idea if it is planned ?

I can maybe work with loop points but seems tedious :confused:

Thanks !

Interested in this as well!

The HAPAX concept seems to be based on patterns running in parallel on each track, and sections or songs seem to be nothing more than starting information for patterns. This is probably why there is currently no way to set a song position pointer within a pattern. * :grimacing:

The most similar way to insert into a song is to launch a specific section within the song, as you probably already know. :upside_down_face:

Should @Thibault_Squarp stop by, he might be able to tell us if something like this is planned or even possible.

Yes, we are able to set loop points to several patterns simultaneously but the loops within the pattern will affect the pattern every time the song calls the pattern. I can’t think of a loop start point as a kind of song start point. :thinking:

-=#@#=-=#@#=-=#@#=-
*_The best comparison for me is Ableton Live and MPC Force. Both work with a very similar pattern based principle and both need a special second time-linear level for a song, on which pattern information must first be recorded.

Yes, currently it is unsupported.
I’ll look into it.

3 Likes

That would be awesome!

I had the Deluge and it perfectly synced its (awesome) arranger to my DAW.

Both a similar arranger (using the grid to build an arrangement visually) and midi synchronization using SPP is something I would love to see added to the Hapax :slight_smile:

Thank you for your responses !
Indeed that would be awesome. It’s the only feature I need to work efficiently with the Hapax and my other gears.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interested as well! I’m recording with my Roland VS as a master and it’d be awesome to be able to sync both across the whole song!
Thanks for your great product!!

1 Like

I am also using VS. It would be interesting to be able to set MTC for SECTIONs.