Midi input and automation overdub

Hi there, I’m trying to figure out if it’s possible to decouple the recording notes settings from the automation recording settings. I’ll explain my workflow to make it clearer:

I record a sequence on the hapax

LOOPER: AUTOLENGHT
NOTES: OVERDUB
REC OFF- BLANK

Then I go over the synth and record some knob movements. The issue is that if I dont put REC OFF to - END of Pattern - everytime I want to record an automation, the pattern restart and overdubs all the automations I made moving the knobs and deletes them because ofc If I moved 5 knobs and I don’t keep on moving all 5 knobs the overdub setting just trace a line on that automation lane

It’s a bit tedious to change the recording settings every time I just want to record some knob movements after having played a sequence.

Is there a workaround or do I have to make a feature request?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

I think the current way of automation recording is not ideal. But yeah, having separate recording settings per view might actually be a good idea in any case. Make a feature request. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve sent a feature request. I don’t know how and if this can be implemented. A solution might be something like: overdub only if a new cc message is received.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.