MIDI connection to Chase Bliss

Does anybody know if it is possible a direct midi connection (without a midibox) between Pyramid and a Chase Bliss pedal through a 5-pin (DIN) MIDI to 1/4″ MIDI cable? On the producer’s page I found this This cable requires pin 2 of your controller’s MIDI output to be earthed / grounded. I couldn’t find anything about pin 2 of Pyramid.

this is the Disaster Area cable 5P-CBA MIDI to Chase Bliss Cable — Disaster Area Designs

I use the Hapax with DIN Midi to TRS Midi on a couple of devices like the 1010music Nanoboxes or the Novation Monostation with no problems. Pin 2 to ground is actually the official hardware specification for midi (MIDI DIN Electrical Specification) so I’m guessing the Hapax conforms to that.
Edit: the Hapax has even a dedicated Midi TRS out of type A, so if the pedals are of the same type, you can use a standard TRS mini cable
Edit 2: sorry I just realised you are talking about the pyramid. The first part of my reply still applies, the pyramid will also confirm to the official standard, I’m sure.

1 Like

I found a way to sync the Pyramid with the Blooper. It seems that Blooper can be used with an external footswitch for rec / play - I have FS-5U and it works with a regular TS cable. So now I need just to automatise the footswitch. If I could send somehow the rec / play from a unit that is controlled by midi this could work.

so this is the way I did it: Squarp Pyramid sends midi to Headrush Gigboard’s switch #1 which is sending rec / play to Blooper via Ext Amp.

I can also send midi from Pyramid to the Gigboard looper for record / play.

The blooper and the Gigboard loop stay in sync with everything else as long as I don’t change the bpm on Pyramid.

It is a big thing for me because I had no experience with midi :slight_smile: and everywhere it says it’s impossible to sync the blooper through MIDI/EXT without midibox or through EXP/CV without a special soldered cable.

For now I am satisfied to be able to do just that but in the future I will buy a midibox for better control.

The Squarp Pyramid is a hardware sequencer that typically uses standard MIDI connections. When it comes to MIDI connections, the standard 5-pin DIN MIDI cable is commonly used. However, the Pyramid might not have a 1/4" MIDI output jack, so you might need an adapter or a cable that goes from 5-pin DIN MIDI to whatever input your Chase Bliss pedal has.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.