Midi Channel Priority

Does anyone know whether Pyramid prioritises midi channels? In the old days I think there was a convention that drums were on channel 10, and that channel was given priority followed by channel 1, channel 2, and so on. I believe that Roland followed this convention and it might even have been industry standard. What does Pyramid do? I’m running about 16 hardware devices and I want to make sure my drum machine gets priority. Obviously I could probably dedicate Channel B to just drums but I don’t really want to do that unless I have to.

so i believe they are sent in numerical order but i don’t totally remember. That said, we could rig an experiment, well you could and tell us - check this out:

get like midi monitor, set it to listen to all buses and probably silence clock pulses

route channel a from the pyramid to it.

program a single note at 0th position for each of the 16 channels one on 16 different tracks

press play and watch the output in midi monitor, there’s your answer.

1 Like

i sequenced my RD-9 on Ch. 10 with Pyramid and never noticed anything unusual in the midi routing out to any of the other 15 midi tracks

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.