Managing sequences

How do you manage your sequences?

I use sequences for different parts of a track, but it often happens that I later decide to start with sequence 8, then move on to 3 etc. Without the ability to reorder sequences I have to remember these numbers during live performance which requires mental effort and leads to mistakes.

Now, if the copy/paste/delete shortcuts - which already exist and work fine in Live and Step mode - worked for sequences, I’d be all set. But for some reason they don’t do anything in Sequence mode. While it’s possible to copy an existing sequence to an empty slot, there’s no way to replace or delete an existing sequence. Or am I missing something?

Honestly, it’s a shame that this area if so under-developed in an otherwise excellent sequencer. Especially since the fix doesn’t even need changes to the existing UI or new shortcuts.

Do you mean in “Play” mode for Seq, i.e., chaining Sequences together linearly? I believe it is the case you can renumber Sequences and move them back and forth in the Play chain:

“Once the chain is programmed, you can change the number and the length of a sequence, and even move it and delete it.”

(but the short answer for me was I bought a Deluge for its true linear arranger. agree that it’s still the only real weak spot for Pyramid/Hapax)

What version you are running? they fixed some copy/paste bug in 4.0 PyraOS update | Squarp instruments

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.