Lost a bit of drive/creativity lately, anyone else get this?

Hello,

I’m just a hobbyist that makes music to relax and switch off to as I use computers all day etc.

I have a Novation Peak, OG Digitakt, Digitone, iPad for the PureAcid app and some effects pedals, Bluebox mixer and recently added the Hapax Sequencer.

Before the Hapax it was this small setup and workflow I think worked for me, but my creativity I “think” has slowed right down since getting the wonderful Hapax and I don’t know why. I guess I’m trying to find a reason. I did think about adding the Syntakt instead of the Hapax, but I have the Peak and iPad which I felt covered some of that. But still urge for one (instead of a Digitakt 2).

I turn on the gear and for some reason now, don’t know where to begin. In the past I think I’m more creative with less gear, but don’t want to not use the other gear it seems if that makes sense.

I doesn’t help I leave work in the morning at 6am and home at 6pm and some evenings I do the gym as this is important, sometime study and ofc spend time with the kids and wife too, it ends up being too late to turn on the gear. How do others fit this in I wonder.

My last tune I enjoyed was 6 months ago now and before the Hapax using Song mode.

Anyway any if feels better to speak about it. That moment you get when you create some sort of melody that gives you goosebumps it what I need back and drive for :slight_smile: