Looking for User experience: Hapax with keystep controller

Hello !
I was wondering if some hapax user here also use a keystep (or KSP) to control Hapax or use it as a midi to CV converter ?
Or both ?
I’m looking for experience or tricks that you could use :slight_smile:
Thanks !

I use a KeyStep 37 as a controller, but that’s all there is to it honestly. The KS37 has a few extra knobs which I used to control Pyramid with and I guess I could reprogram therm to control aspects of Hapax but so far I haven’t bothered. I just enjoy the simplicity and absence of friction of this combination.

1 Like

Thanks you for your sharing :slight_smile:
I have a concern about a more " complex " use of it.

Did you (or anyone) have tried this kind of setup :
Keystep }midi in} Hapax }midi out}keystep}midi to CV} eurorack

The idea is to use the keystep both as controller and midi to CV. I’m looking for user who experience it , if it could be a stable setup for live performance, what kind of issue I might encounter. Maybe someone got useful tricks with it :hugs:

Do you need all of Hapax’ CV outs for something else?

What I like about using KS+Hapax is that I don’t have to worry about Midi channels when playing the KS. It will always play the currently active track on Hapax whether that’s a Midi or a CV/Gate track. If I used the CV/Gate from the KS as well, it would always output notes there no matter what’s the active track on Hapax. Maybe that’s not an issue with your setup. Just pointing it out.

Yes I must precise , I was talking about keystep pro , sorry for the misunderstanding.
I’m trying by that to maximize the output that I can get without buying Extra midi to CV converter in my rack.
I was thinking about mapping each KSP track to a dedicated Hapax track . I know it’s possible , i’m looking for an user experience before I can make mine . I must add I still don’t have an Hapax yet , UPS says it will arrive in 3 days :partying_face:
If nobody did it , I will share mine shortly :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.