Load a default project and/or latest project when Hapax starts

I wish for to be able to load a default/template and/or latest project opened when Hapax starts. Could be changed in Settings → “open a certain project” or “open latest project” when Hapax starts.

Anyone else would find this useful?

5 Likes

Read the ‘Tip’!

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile: now with loading latest opened project? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: would be nice if Hapax loaded the Default project or the latest opened project automatically. No need to create New, because I have already set up the different settings in the Default project and always want that to be loaded when I´m starting Hapax.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m confused by this every time I start my Hapax. I feel like it’s random or a bug, just doesn’t seem “finished” to me.

1 Like

I put a feature request in for this not long ago, i currently load a blank project named DEF that has all tracks setup etc.

1 Like

I was about to ask the same question when I saw this thread. Loading the last project is essential for a musical device in 2023!

How do you “load a blank project named DEF that has all tracks setup etc.” ???

1 Like

I assume they create a blank project with all the tracks set up, name it DEF, and load it, then immediate Save As in order to start a new project with those tracks set up as wanted.

From the manual:

If you name a project “DEFAULT”, it will be available as a template to load when using NEW. You’ll have the choice between a blank new project, one based on this template, or cancelling.

2 Likes

But just to be sure, when the Hapax startup, it does so with a new project but this project is NOT using the DEFAULT template right? To me that’s what would be useful.

1 Like

Thank. I was wondering, if this is in the manual. It is :slightly_smiling_face: Page 75.

1 Like

Yes, the answer is no :nerd_face: It loads neither the DEFAULT nor the last used project. Sadly.

1 Like

Having either of those as options would be great.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I will fill add my voice by filling a request too then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would like if I name a Project Default it would load that Project at startup. Just logic. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Putting my vote in for this as well. But, at this point I’m not sure squarp actually listen to community feedback since there have been barely any new updates, new features, quality of life updates, etc since I’ve owned my hapax for a year now.

1 Like

They certainly do listen, but as repeated on this forum over and over again: you need to make your requests via Contact us | Squarp instruments

As for the lack of updates, see On the release cycle of HapaxOS - firmware updates soon

2 Likes