Just bought my Hapax. Wish me luck!

After my pyramid got stolen I was very heartbroken. But I just ordered my Hapax from perfect circuit and I’m excited to get to work. No real point to this post I just wanted to say that I love what the Hapax will do for my pride of ownership. :green_heart:

Any volca or Logue from korg owners out there? I’m planning on getting a kick from korg and a drumlogue. Also a monologue for bass.

2 Likes

Good call, it’s an awesome machine !
Connected to a volca drum here : it opens new horizon instantly :heart:

1 Like

That’s awesome! Congrats Ezmyrelda. I was sad to hear about your Pyramid going missing. I really enjoyed and learned a lot about the Pyramid from your posts over the years and look forward to your insights and experiences with the Hapax.

Best wishes!
Michael

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your Pyramid, that sucks. Good news is the Hapax is awesome, I use mine every day. Its such a brilliant device especially if you have lots of synths and drum machines to control.

For drums, I get a lot of use out of my tr8s, it can do everything ive wanted from it, with the Hapax sequencing it, its an amazing hands on module.

I bet you’l love the Hapax in no time.

1 Like

Thank you all for the replies. I’m more confident about getting a tr8s and those volcas… it’s just what I was needing to hear. :green_heart:

I empty a pattern on the tr8s then use the Hapax to sequence it, its really good as it gives you micro timing, much better probability options, easy velocity adjustments per step and more. You can if you like use the Hapax to automate the tr8s’s parameters but I dont do that often. I tend to get the drums sounding how i want and sequence them as is. Its like having all the classic Roland drum machines with a much more flexible sequencer, everyone’s a winner :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds grand. I’m excited to do my first synth purchases. I was on the wall about a tr8s but you’ve given me a lot to think about.

I also use Hapax with a TR-8S and agree the combo is excellent!

I have four tracks of Hapax dedicated to TR-8S. This allows me to access all 11 sounds of the TR-8S on the first two tracks (with some overlap, which is fine) and ALT Sounds on the other two tracks (for the sounds that have an ALT… otherwise just more patterns). I have the TR-8S definition file setup so using automation lanes to access CCs is a breeze… makes adding subtle or not so subtle variation to sounds easy and lots of fun for experimentation.

I can’t recommend TR-8S enough! And after the last update it has CR-78 sounds! I’ve kind of gone nuts with the CR-78 sounds… like I’ve stopped using the other drum machines in the TR-8S. What can I say, I REALLY like the CR-78.

2 Likes

Just bought a drumlogue, a monologue, and an nts-1 to comprise my drum, bass, and lead section. The TR-8s will have to wait. I want one… Ive just been vision boarding the korg stuff for longer than I knew the Hapax existed.

1 Like

My Hapax arrived. Perfect Circuits demo unit. Looks and feels perfect. Can’t wait to plug it in.

4 Likes

Perfect timing, you can update it to the latest 2.0B firmware and its even better than when you ordered it :slight_smile: Its a great update, have fun

Volca kick & drum owner here. Both are great, the kick is a weapon for bass. Kostra0ne’s right, the drum goes next level with the Hapax.

But as interesting & fun as they are, you probably made the right choice going for the Drumlogue instead (using 1 Hapax pattern rather than 2, with sample playback & that multi-engine).

2 Likes

Trying to get the cv audio midi click track working. Maybe I’m misunderstanding the feature. Is it supposed to be audible or just signals for other equipment to output the click in time?

It’s supposed to be audible. It essentially turns the assigned CV port into an audio output, thus the CV out needs to be connected to an audio output (ie monitor or speaker). I couldn’t “waste” a channel on my mixer for just a click track, so I bought a super tiny speaker to use for just the click track.

This: Leadsound Portable Speaker, Crystal 3W 27mm 8Ω Mini Wireless Speaker with 3.5mm Aux Audio Jack Plug in Clear Bass Micro USB Port Audio Dock for Smart Phone, for Pad, Computer (White) https://a.co/d/aI8yJBM

And a headphone extension cable so it wasn’t just hanging out the back of my Hapax

This: UGREEN Headphone Extension Cable 3.5mm Extension Gold Plated Aux Extension Cable Audio Stereo Jack Male to Female TRS Cord Extender Compatible with iPhone iPad Phones Tablets Media Players, 3.3FT Amazon.com

Hope that helps! :v:t3:

There are multiple features in this direction:

You can configure the metronome to produce audio through a CV output of your choice. This is intended for human players and only outputs anything if metronome is enabled.

CV sync signal is audible in a sense, but it’s not something you want to listen to, and is intended for other gear only. A specific form of that is (audio sync from DAW), which is just a CV sync really but since the signal (check the wav in the link) is actually audible, an audio track in a DAW or similar works as a source too.

I got both of those working but not reliably which is fine because my drum machine and bass synth arrived.

I quickly was able to sequence a beat although I don’t like how the drumlogue spans notes. I would prefer it all on one page but it spans c3-c4 instead of being where I would expect it to be but I guess that’s midi for you.

All I’m waiting for now is my mixer and the nts-1.

1 Like