In the end, how many Pyramids were there made?

It’s probably not the most interesting topic ever but I was wondering, just out of interest, how many Pyramids ended up getting made?

I have a Mk3 with serial number 3986. I was pretty late to the party so I imagine there probably weren’t all that many more. I don’t know if this number applies to just the particular hardware version (Mk3 no. 3986), or whether the numbers continued to increment despite the version (making mine the 3986th production Pyramid ever).

I had one with 42 as the number. I miss it and wonder what became of it.

1 Like

Hi @Ezmyrelda , I think it was seeing a post of yours on here that at least in part set me off thinking about how many were made. I was sorry to read that yours got stolen. That’s terrible especially as it was an early one, with a cool number, and I guess it was probably with you for some time.

1 Like

3992 (i think) in March 2022

2 Likes

It actually wasn’t as I got it from a demo unit from control voltage. I didn’t have it long but it I did love it dearly… but it’s ok, because I bought the perfect circuit Hapax demo unit and I’m as happy with it as I ever was with my pyramid. Plus I have more to use it with now.

1 Like

Those 9s are hard to distinguish from 4s aren’t they? I suppose the sticker on the back of the unit itself should confirm it. I’ve just had a look at the 9 on my box and it does indeed look quite like those on yours. I have recently bought a secondhand Pyramid (for a backup mostly), that’s also a Mk3, sn 2958 - it looks like someone else might have wrote that one because the 9 is a bit more obviously a 9.

My 3986 was from Juno in the UK, bought at the end of November 2021. It may have spent some time on the same worktop and/or shelf as yours before they both found their way to our respective homes.

Yours could potentially be right near the end of the pile!

Happy Hapaxing!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.