In Scale Step Seq/Generatr

Hello there,

i was wondering if any update will be released about step sequencer in scale (having all the steps corresponding to the global proj scale) and also about the Algo Generatr, generating new sequences following global proj scale.

Thanks

1 Like

please use contact form for support/issues/feature requests.

1 Like

Ok, iā€™ll do that, sorry.

Thanks

It seems to me that what you are saying is something Hapax does, when you apply project scale to a track. What is it exactly that you are trying to accomplish?

1 Like

A Project scale gives you only the relateted notes in the grid.
Random FX or generator still produce notes outside that scale.
So to stay in scale you need the scaler FX at the end of your Track FX chain.

1 Like

Yeah, thank you guys. I was wrong in my assumption. I thought that using Global Proj scale was already enough.
Iā€™ll put scaler fx at the end of the fx chain.
Thank you so much

1 Like

Just to clarify, so when using the Algo Generator it still generates notes outside of the project scale? I was aware of the Randomisation aspect needed the scaler effect but, thought the Algo would have taken into account the Project Scale.

1 Like

I will clarify asap. Iā€™m out of town till next week
Cheers

@Waveform cheers man, hope you have a good trip wherever you are

1 Like

GENERATOR generates notes on the chromatic scale. The Project Scale advances grades to the nearest appropriate value, non-destructively. If GENERATR produces a G# and you set the project scale to ā€œC majā€ you will hear a G. if you switch off the project scale you have a G# again.
The SCALER fx does the same. But in contrast to the SCALER fx you can see the change in the project scale on the button matrix.

5 Likes

Thanks man , i appreciate . Going to Italy for some work meeting.

So, i tried adding Scaler on the Fx Chain and it works perfectly. Also in Step Mode, the notes are now following the scale.
Thank you guys

Iā€™m a little confusedā€¦so even in step mode when Project Scale is on you can sequence out of scale notes??..

1 Like

As far as I see the ā€œProject scaleā€ reduceses just the ā€œscaleā€ you can enter directly with the Hapax Interface. In ā€œliveā€ mode I can still record notes outside the scale with an ext. keyboard.
Also when you add random fx it will produce notes out of scale.

1 Like

Yeah , at least that happened to me before .
Now seems that everything is working as it should beā€¦

1 Like