Ignore MIDI notes from all but specific channel?

Hey! I received my Pyramid yesterday and after some setup I was able to use it with my TR-08 and SH-01A. Those devices don’t have local control settings. In the end I had to set the Pyramid to ignore MIDI Notes to be able to record CC from the SH-01A but not have the previously recorded notes to be recorded again on another track as they come through the devices back to MIDI in of the Pyramid. So here’s basically my setup:

┌────┐
│    ▼
│
│ Pyramid
│
│    │
│    │
│    ▼
│
│  SH-01a
│
│    │
│    │
│    ▼
│
│  TR-08
│
│    │
└────┘

So with omnimode, I could technically add a midi controller keyboard to the chain and have it set to some channel that isn’t occupied by the SH-01a or TR-08. The question is: can I somehow receive notes only from that channel, so that I don’t run into the same Problem again?

As this is my first post, I should also say I looooove the Pyramid! It seems to be everything I dreamed it would be. So happy with it. I also love the fact that it’s produced by fellow europeans! :fist:

EDIT: I realized that the same issue probably applies to recorded CC messages. I’m guessing those are also looped back to the pyramid…

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.