I just ordered a Hapax! (Order update?)

Sorry if this is malplaced, (and I have sent Squarp an email concerning it) but I’d like to ask if anyone else who ordered early has their shipping info/tracking stuck on “Shipment information received”? I understand Squarp must’ve been slammed with orders, just not sure if this means it’s reserved or if it could mean I was too late…

3 Likes

midlife crisis

1 Like

I asked them about this yesterday and they said they were still in the process of sending them, continuing into next week. So dont panic yet :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks fro the info !
i experience very unexpectedly the very same sort of midlife crisis. /…oh, well
:laughing:

2 Likes

I’m not even up to that step! But they confirmed I’m in the first batch so I think you’re fine

1 Like

Yes confirmed here as well.

My shipping has been at ‘Customs clearance status updated. Note; The Customs clearance process may start while the shipment is in transit to the destination’ for a few days. I imagine they have just created the labels for a lot of orders and will be shipping next week.

1 Like

Oh no does that mean I’m not in the first batch?

I ordered Wednesday morning, I think they said on Thursday that they were sold out. I expected to be in the first batch but haven’t got any confirmation other than “payment accepted”…

I guess I’ll just have to wait to find out…

Hi everyone !

Please note that if when you purchased, it did not specify “on back-order”, then you will get one from the first batch ASAP.

5 Likes

Thanks! Very excited!

2 Likes

FYI I just got a notification from DHL that my Hapax has been picked up with “Estimated delivery: 11 Mar 2022 by End of Day.” With international shipping being what it is, I wouldn’t be surprised if the date slips, but I’ve had pretty good luck with DHL, and the unit has been picked up, at least :smiley:

3 Likes

when did you order? I’m impatiently waiting for a shipment notification

Same status here. Ordered early afternoon (west coast) the day of announcement.

Yes I am being impatient :wink:…how long on average would you expect it to be in this status with DHL?

Same here! :smiley:

But I guess we’ll just have to be patient. Squarp is just a small company, they didn’t expect such a run on the first batch. But I’m sure they are doing all they can to finish all orders as soon as possible.

I also recently ordered the Hapax. I am a HEAVY Pyramid user (it is the center of most of my livestreams). The Hapax purchase was easy to justify for a handful of reasons:

1. I can load more than one project at a time. On the Pyramid, if I want to play 20-30 minutes without interruptions, I have to do it as one project and max out the song sequences. 32 is not enough in this scenario. The Hapax not only resolves this, but opens some creative possibilities of mixing projects.
  2. MUCH better screens.
  3. A bit more I/O - handy for integration with my modular and removes the need for a midi splitter when playing in person.
  4. MPE support (microfreak!)
  5. No more trackpad (was buggy for me, but I was able to disable it)

I am a little wary of the way song sections are created and launched after using the pyramid. The pyramid makes it super fast without the need of an encoder. Other than that, this machine looks ace! Nice work, Squarp!

4 Likes

Woot, mine says picked up now with a delivery date of the 17th (I’m in the US)!

I rearranged my studio a bit so I could put this front and center on my desk. Now I just have to solder up a few more midi cables and I will be ready to go!

Anyone know how many of these were sold in the first batch?

3 Likes

I wish I knew. I’m super curious :smiley:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ἅπαξ

Pronunciation

• IPA(key): /há.paks/ → /ˈa.paks/ → /ˈa.paks/

Mines arriving in usa march 14. Very excited, as a deluge user i enjoy other tiers of sequencers. Will be great im sure. Will be making videos in my youtube about it!