How is the arpeggiator?

Hi! Does Hapax has a standard arpeggiator or is it more intuitive? Wish for a arpeggiator like BlueArp.

For example a 16 step pattern that follows the playhead when you play so you are always in sync with what you have in the other sequencers.

Dunno the BlueArp, but I’ve been jamming with a friend this evening using the Arp on the Hapax over some chords and it worked easily and perfectly in sync with everything else we had plugged in.

It doesn’t seem to have as many different arpeggiator types as the Pyramid, but I am guessing they didn’t make v1 due to time, and will be added in due course. But up, down, up and down, random and assign (which is notes play in the order you pressed them) all work perfectly well.

The arpeggiator is extremely basic in its current form, but I could see this as an area for easy wins in a future update.

The arpeggiators in Bitwig or Ableton are so so good. But, the Pyramid is also great so perhaps Hapax will get some of those features soon.

It is very simple as is been said but don’t forget you can always add more fx to the chain so that it behaves like a more advanced arpeggiator.

As an example you could add swing after the arpeggiator, then a randomize to give variation to the velocities to every note and then perhaps another one that occurs less often for random octaves.

This way it can get pretty complex already.

Obviously more options out types on the arpeggiator would be welcome though!

1 Like

For me, it would be enough with a 16 step arpeggiatorpattern that I made myself in a scale. In that arpeggiatorpattern I can chose which octave each step in that pattern should have. Play that arpeggiatorpattern with different pad/key (only one press), and it will played and transposed. Everything in time with the playhead. If playhead is on step 3, the arpeggiators pattern will be played from step 3. This way you are always in sync with what you are playing together with.

So 2 patterns, the arpeggiators pattern and a pattern (or play live) to play the arpeggiators pattern. This is how BlueArp kind of works. Really nice and not so advanced in it’s basic form.

I believe that’s how the transpose track function, available in track 16, works in the Hapax.