Hermod+ PPW and other sequencers

Hello everyone,

New here, new to Hermod+, but not new to modular. So after receiving the Hermod+ I’m having a major issue (for me). Basically my chain is master Hermod+ going out from the clock out into the Pams Pro Workout (PPW). From there I’ve chosen output 8 on the PPW to the clock in of my Metropolix. From the clock out of my Metropolix im going into the clock input of the Varigate 8+. From the Varigate 8+ I’m clocking the Voltage block. As most of us may or probably know, the Varigate and Voltage Block work without external cabling if connected to the same power rail (which is what I’m doing). That’s my feed as far as sequencers for understanding. My goal is to get these all in time and triggered as far as transport from the Hermod+ acting as the master, whilst manipulating each module as they would be on time and timing signature. After reading many forums and attempting results, I’ve failed. I’m having massive problems with the Hermod+ connection to the PPW… I can see the end state of that also from the Metropolix reading the clicking from their pairing. How do I get the Hermod+ and PPW stably in sync? Anyone have rocks solid advice on how to make this chain work? Thank you so much

-Jesse

1 Like

Pamela seems to work best with a 24ppq clock and a RUN input, (gate High when playing) I had problems with pretty much anything else…
In Hermod World, that’s the 1/96 clock for clock out rate and RUN for Reset out mode

As For resets, that depends on what the other sequencers need to function properly.
If RUN is fine, you can mult Hermod’s RUN signal to the reset inputs on your other sequencers; If they need something else, you can create that probably using another pamela channel…

And then if you still run into sync issues, i’d try to clock both metropolix and the varigate/voltageblock combo directly from pamela. This is one less possible sync issue between metropolix & the malekkos.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.