Hermod MIDI Files

Hi all, new on the forum but have Hermod for years.
Is there anyone else who thinks implementing
Loading of MIDI Files on Hermod a good idea?
Any other people feel the need or want this?

Thanks

1 Like

I guess, no one will say ‘no’ to a new feature - suggest it to squarp via their contact page :slight_smile:

however, not sure its likely for a couple of reasons:
a) getting midi files onto hermod
to be useful this would have to be via the USB drive, as taking the hermod out of the rack, and accessing the sdcard is tedious.
but this means Squarp have to add USB storage support to the usb host port, which seems unlikely.
It would be cool if they did, as would also allow import/export of projects to USB - useful for backup etc.

b) importing into sequencer
hermod has only a small number of steps per track - sure , you can mess with tempo/zoom, to get to 512 steps, but it’d be pretty limiting for longer midi tracks.
I guess you could split up into different sequences, but that’s not particular neat.

also, once into hermod, id suspect editing would be very tedious.

I guess they could do a separate midi player ‘mode’, but seems unlikely - they have a well focused product…

Its not something id use, and if I needed a midi player, id do it with something else (probably bela salt)

but im sure others would have a use for it

1 Like

That is exactly is what could prevent me for buying the unit.
The idea es to work on Hermod mainly, but may be sometimes you can have a midi seq that you worked on your DAW and then want to bring it to the modular world on hermod ( avoiding the whole process of recording from hermod what the DAW is outputting ), and then playing with the sequence or building other sequences on top.
Do someone you know if that midi loading feature into hermod is on the roadmap?
Thanks!
PD: btw @thetechnobear great work you do with Orac!

Do someone you know if that midi loading feature into hermod is on the roadmap?

ask/suggest via the squarp’s contact page - https://squarp.net/contact
squarp do not release a roadmap (few developers do!), so no one here knows for sure.

also since the hermod has multi-track recording, its not that difficult to record in from a daw.

1 Like

Will do!
Thanks