Hi Pyramid users,
I would need help / advise about my config.
I want to setup a compact DAW-less config, with :
- Pyramid as the master piece
- A Prophet 6 as the only keyboard
- Some other gear (Analog Rytm, Minitaur) and more to come (SE-02…) played from the Prophet 6 keyboard when needed.
I don’t need to use the Prophet 6 panel to control other gear, I want to tweak it only when I play the Prophet 6. I just want to send notes for now.
I don’t need to automate the Prophet 6 controls either.
I just want to use the Prophet 6 keyboard to send notes to my other gear.
It might look like a very simple use case, but I am not able to make it work as expected.
- When local control is off on the Prophet 6, both keyboard and panel are off. It means that I have to send the parameters to the Pyramid and get them back in the Prophet.
- If I set parameters receive / transmit to CC, part of the panel is useless (some P6 controls are available only through NRPN)
- If I set parameters transmit to NRPN, I quickly get bugs / unexpected behavior (Pyramid does not support NRPN)
The only workaround that I have today is to set local control to on, and just lower the Prophet 6 volume when I play another track.
This is too bad, I never thought that such a simple configuration would not be possible with my P6 and my Pyramid.
I don’t want to enter a debate about « Prophet 6 should support keyboard only local control off » or « Pyramid should support NRPN », I am just asking if some of you could bring a better workaround than mine.
Thanks for your help.