Hardware synths get hung up upon muting/unmuting

I’m playing my sub 37 or rev2 and then i mute the respective track from my hapax, when I unmute the track the synths don’t produce sound. I have to physically change the patch and then back to get the midi messages to trigger the sound. 99% sure it’s something w hapax. Anybody know what’s going on?

Firmware up to date?

Running 2 currently. Do you think I should load an earlier firmware to troubleshoot?

I believe devs usually want people on the latest stable version… 2.02 is a bugfix so I’d update to the latest version were I in your shoes.

That’s a good point. I’ll update rn and see if it persists.

1 Like

Update didn’t help. It seemed to happen intermittently before but now it’s every time I mute then unmute that track. On the mute mix page I can still see the midi data going to those channels. My rev 2 has a really long delay rn and when I was troubleshooting it a minute ago I muted my rev 2 and the delay carried on but when I then unmuted it not only was the rev2 not responding the delay cut out immediately. Very interested in what’s going on here. Gonna try without PC messages and turning local control off etc… see if I can’t get to the bottom of this.

Additionally I’m sequencing something else on layer B of the rev2 while in multi mode (basically layer B is on the next channel up from the main midi channel) and muting and unmuting that layer B works fine without fail.

I’ve tried writing a lane of automation using PC that sends the specific patch I want on the first beat of the pattern and it still gets hung up and doesn’t produce sound after mute and unmute. I can program it to change patches at the very last beat of the pattern and then it actually responds to the first PC message and changes back to the patch I want and making sounds. Needless to say this is a ridiculous work around even if you couldn’t hear when the patch changes on that last beat before it changes back.