hapaxOS PUBLIC BETA 2.00 RC

Hey y’all !

We’re almost ready for the final release!
After some time off for the holidays, we’re back with the Release Candidate version, i.e. “hopefully the last beta”.

hapaxOS 2.00 RC

Word of caution !

As noted by members of the community, it is recommended to make a backup of your projects before upgrading to this beta, as older firmware versions won’t be able to open project created with beta versions.

How to join

This is an open beta. Just hop on to the beta website to get it!
The updated manual is available as well. (PDF version is unavailable for the moment).

How to send feedback

For all feedback, please send an email to beta@squarp.net
Please note we will not consider any feature request at this stage. Bug reports, small suggestions and general feedback is welcome. For all bugs, please provide a clear step by step procedure to reproduce it, so that we can fix it more easily.

Cheers,
Thibault

15 Likes

I know I really shouldn’t - but bloody love that “frantic” screensaver (even if I’ll never probably actually use it, and suspect it might have even been added as a joke?)

(Actually… slight nitpick / suggestion - Please could the “No Pads” screensavers just dark the pads out, rather than keep they lit in the mode you were in before the screensaver starts?)

4 Likes

Midi file import is still awkward at best, it re-scans all midi files on the card each time you try to load, and the Hapax is not able to do it in the background, so just to load a few different midi patterns and test some out, you end up sitting and waiting for long periods. I have 252 midi files on the card at the moment, have way more not on the card.

Also it really needs folder support so you can put files in smaller batches if you are going to have to let it scan each time.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.