Hapax vs Cirklon vs MPC Live II

Hi all,

Looking for central brain to sequence lots of external hardware and modular synths and considering Hapax, Cirklon, Oxi One and MPC Live II. I have Octatrack and Beatstep Pro for external sequencers right now but like to get one that can control and sequence a bunch in my studio. Hard to decide which to get. Cirklon is great but a long 3 year wait. I want one that can sequence many parts easily from my Virus and modular synths. Thoughts?

i sequence my MPC One (plus two other synths, a sample playback box, and a couple 303 clones) from Hapax, so I’ve never even mucked with the MPC sequencer as a brain for my gear, though I hear it’s generally adequate for most use cases. but if you already have an Octatrack adding any MPC just for the sequencer may be needlessly duplicative. considered the Oxi but 4 tracks (more if you don’t want them to be polyphonic which . . . I do) versus Hapax’s 16 per project was the main dealbreaker there for me – though to be fair, Oxi has an Arranger mode for song building, where Hapax’s Song mode is still just arranging sections of mute states for patterns, not a truly linear arranger

1 Like

Ok that rules out the MPC so between Oxi One and Hapax as waiting another 3 years for a Cirklon is nuts.

There is one word in your questions that settles it for me - “lots”. If you have lots of gear the Hapax is significantly better than the OXI One (tracks, instrument definitions etc etc). I own each of the sequencers you mention, and I would only keep the Hapax if push came to shove.

1 Like

I do! I have six modular systems, many Elektron and Roland boxes, a Moog Sub 37, and new Access Virus TI2. Pulled trigger today on a new Squarp Hapax sequencer to make workflow easier and more productive and fun. Cirklon is 3 year wait and maybe by then will add a Cirklon to clock the Hapax and have double the sequencer power. I like to sequence my sequencers for interesting results. Will see how that works if possible on Hapax.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.