Hapax Project Settings

Hi all,

I’m brand new to the forum and just got my Hapax in the mail a couple days ago. I have to say, this is probably the best piece of music-related gear I’ve purchased since getting into this whole mess 25 years ago. It really is a masterpiece.

I have a couple quick questions though… I’m probably missing something obvious.

1. Is it possible to setup a “Default” project that gets loaded when I turn on Hapax? Right now I have a project called “Default” that I load every time that has my MIDI channel mappings set. I’m scared that I’ll easy overwrite this by accident, though.

2. I only used the Pyramid for a few days before Hapax was announced (I seriously bought it from someone like 2 days before the Hapax went on sale). Pyramid appears to have a concept of instrument profiles or something, that will list the MIDI CC parameter names for specific gear. Is this available in Hapax as well?

Thanks in advance! Really, really enjoying this piece of gear!

~ Mike

1 Like
  1. not currently, but send a request…
    hermod had a concept of template for project which perhaps hapax could get?
    I guess for now, take the sdcard out and copy the project, so you have a spare… just in case !

2. yes instrument definitions are planned for future release.
    squarp have said they wanted to address the limitations the pyramid versions first.
    (Im hoping this means better multi-timbral support :wink:

1 Like

not currently, but send a request…

How do I send a request? Is there a thread on here I missed?

I guess for now, take the sdcard out and copy the project, so you have a spare… just in case !

Already done! :slight_smile:

yes instrument definitions are planned for future release.

Great, not needing to look up CC mappings every time I want to automate something will be great! Once the format is figured out, I’d be happy to help create/convert a library of device CCs.

1 Like

I’ve already asked for a default project option. Be really nice to load up a new one with all my MIDI and other config stuff ready and waiting.

Although an easy workaround is creating a project called !DEFAULT and remembering to Save As rather than Save.

4 Likes