Hapax + MPC 2000XL

Hello!
I’ve been using the Hapax for a couple months now, it’s amazing. I bought it to replace the mpc 2000xl as my main sequencer for my synths (ob6, se02, minitaur). I still use the mpc but as a sampler for drums. Everything works great except that the Hapax doesn’t seem to receive midi data from the mpc pads. I tested cables, midi config, searched online etc, it’s a mystery: midi out from the hapax to the mpc works great but not midi in.
Has anyone encountered a similar issue?
Thanks

is the 2000xl’s MIDI configuration page as confusing as the MPC One/Live/X? I sequence my MPC One over USB but can also use 5-pin if needed. just have to set incoming to Track and turn off Global, then set all Tracks to Merge in the MIDI setting per track, when selecting the incoming MIDI channel. not sure fi the 2000xl is any more intuitive or straightforward

It’s straight forward on the 2000xl - old tech :sweat_smile:
For now my workaround is to use my main keyboard instead on the pads themselves to send midi notes in the hapax but it’s neither convenient nor enjoyable.

1 Like

I performed additional tests:

-mpc 2000xl midi out to minitaur midi in: mpc pads do trigger sounds from the minitaur. So they work properly (as they did for the past 20+ years).

-mpd226 midi out to hapax midi in: nothing.
But mpd226 pads over usb to Hapax DO trigger sounds! (overkill workaround :sweat_smile:)

There is a mystery here with Akai pads in midi config that i can’t figure out. Any help from a wizard here?

Thanks!

is the Hapax MIDI in you’re using (A or B) selected with the corresponding Track(s) that you’ve assigned the MPC to? i.e., if it’s Track 1, make sure that Track 1 isn’t receiving on USB MIDI

yes. I used All Inputs to make the tests with various midi/usb keyboards/controllers and cables/adapters.
I think I tried all possible configurations :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.