Hapax LED Question

Hey there,

As I just bought a used Hapax I would like to ask a question which I couldn’t find an answer to (though maybe I’m just bad at searching)

When defining the length of a note by holding it and clicking to the right of it the LEDs are not all of the same hue, though also depending on the color of the note (eg it’s less prominent for pink colors)

When changing the length the difference in hue also changes, though not informally.

Would love to get some input on if that is normal behavior and nothing to worry about or if I received a faulty unit.

(Also, the “step” button has less resistance than the other 3)

I appreciate any input, I am really excited about this device!

Cheers

This is normal behavior as far as I know. The initial button should be at full brightness and the tail should be slightly dimmer.

Thank you for your response - that kind of behavior would have been expected, what I’m seeing though is something like this (1 =fully blue 10= pinkish color)

1 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 3 - 4

So there seems to be no pattern to it, also it changes depending on how long the note is. It also only happens while adjusting the length, when I let go it just goes: start of the note fully lit blue, rest of the length uniform dimmed blue

I am guessing my unit is okay and I am just overreacting. Though, any further opinions are appreciated:)

(Will try to snap some pics when I’m back home!)

yes, pics would serve to illustrate what you’re talking about. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I did find that when a track is button is lit, there is some “bleed” into the pads right under it. The same happens with the pads in the grid, so if a neighboring pad is lit, it can make the color of a certain pad change a bit. This can be a bit confusing if you’re not aware of this. It helps to reduce the led brightness in the settings though (default is at 100%, which is very bright)

2 Likes

Hey you two,

sorry that it took me so long to get back to you - i have tried to take some pictures but the effect is rather faint on those compared to real life, but still somewhat visible. I have attached the picture where you can see it most clearly in my opinion - you can see that the outermost right buttons have the same hue but the four to the left of it have a slightly more blueish color.

I do think that it most likely is some kind of bleeding of the LEDs, though i am still confused about why the ones furthest away from the 1st Pad show this behavior and also why the bleed changes when i change the length.