Fx tips & tricks

Similarly, if you take the arpeggiated chord and make one note a step condition, then add another note with a different step condition, that allows you to create some variety and extend the pattern. Pretty amazing what you can create within 1 or 2 bars when you use fill/step conditions together.

2 Likes

Something I’ve found really fun/powerful is using the LFO to modulate other FX parameters - like arpeggiator speed or euclidian parameters. Big thank you to square for exposing so many parameters to the LFO.

1 Like

Yeah, this is well good.

Can anyone think of how you would have an LFO only trigger on a Fill? I have this idea of a random LFO on, for example, the Cutoff, and it would only kick in on a Fill section (I had something similar I programmed into my Nord Modular a few years ago) but cannot work out if this is possible currently.

Not quite an LFO but you could get the envelope to trigger and then set its destination to your LFOs depth or On/Off? you would be taking up an extra channel though so it sort of defeats the purpose of a fill.

One of the things that I think would take effects over the top would be if the matrix had access to all of your tracks effects as sources. I am not sure the the channel effect architecture on the code side would support it (everything seems pretty encapsulated based on channels) but man the the possibility space / power of this would be through the roof. A kick drums envelope effect controlling my basses filter LFO depth? yes please.

3 Likes

I totally agree with that. Routing effects from one track to another out signal would be great for ducking, reverb and automated delay.

I was thinking to apply Chance to only the hihats in my drum track without affecting other lanes like the kick drum. Is it possible to only apply Chance to a specific pitch or drum lane (moving hihats to a separate track is a too inconvenient workaround)?

You can connect CV OUT (ENV) and CV IN (MATRIX).

Just select the notes in Step mode and change the chance. You don’t need the Fx for that

2 Likes

one of my favorite sequencers, the schrittmacher, has incredible per step modulation. For instance, you can modulate the individual note lengths (they call this gate length), and direction, per step by modulation tracks that themselves can be modulated as to their lengths and direction, etc. so it can get wild. Obviously the Hapax is another kind of sequencer, but some fx tool where the per step lengths and the per step direction could be modulated would be great.

1 Like