"Full Iso" keyboard mode display option - Do you like this idea?

Hi all. Yesterday I submitted the following feature request for the Hapax. I was told that the Hapax could accommodate the request. But at present I’m the only one who wants it.

So I am interested in finding out how many of you would also like this feature? (I guess either “like” this post or reply with yes)? Thank you for your opinion!

The Request:
Can there be a keyboard mode in live scale mode where instead of the layout of the pads changing when you select a color and scale, the keyboard stays in full chromatic but lights up the correct keys in the scale, while keeping unlit any note that is not a part of the scale? This would make it easier for full isomorphic playing. The challenge for me is quickly finding notes that both are within the scale I want to use, because the only notes currently lit up are the root notes.

So, maybe a general setting for how the keyboard works – in one setting, it works as it is currently programmed. When the “full iso” mode is checked, the keyboard remains in full chromatic mode, but the scales are now shown using some light scheme where all notes that fit within a scale are lit.

11 Likes

i trigger all my notes externally from a keyboard so probably less useful for me, though something like that for step mode entry i could see being more efficient

1 Like

Agree with @chrisroland. I key in with my keyboards, but for editing, this keyboard mode would be extremely helpful!

1 Like

Seems cool, maybe with a different colour just on the root notes?

1 Like

I like it and I would use it if they implemented it.

1 Like

I would also use it

1 Like

I would use this mode if added.

YES I like it too!

Sometimes I have to deactivate the pScale to add notes that are not available in the scale.

By the way I don’t think using an external keyboard gives you access to the notes that are not present in the selected scale (pScale active)

Bumping this thread because I’d love this to be added as well. Bass guitar was my first instrument and is how I think through scales.

The Linnstrument is a great example of how to highlight scales on a grid tuned by ascending 4ths. It’d be pretty bloody awesome and inspiring to have this option for playing into the Hapax.

Just formally requested this to Squarp.

1 Like

This would be perfect for me.
Would also be great in step mode if some thought was given to the colors or brightness.

have it on Deluge. never use it (but I do all my note entry from an external keyboard regardless). still would love a chord mode that emulates my Alpha Juno’s, which maps the chord notes uniformly, i.e., regardless of scale, up and down the keyboard range. AJ only transmits the note value of the note you trigger the saved chords with, not all the note values of the chord(s) themselves, unfortunately.

You can replicate the Alpha Juno’s chord planing (pretty sure that’s what you described) by setting up the Harmonizer midi FX and turning off the pScale for the track.

Do you mind putting questions &/or requests that are off topic are probably better put in new threads or elsewhere? This way the rest of us that want a new feature can run a better pitch for it.

Please consider that not everybody thinks through music concepts/performance the same way & has access to the same equipment as you. For instance I’ve tried chord planing on the Hapax & didn’t like it because I was getting dissonant notes right where I didn’t want them. So I never use that trick, but my experience doesn’t mean you should be denied it.

I’m pretty sure I submitted the request through proper channels last year when I first started this thread :wink:

…but I’d also have to try and find the email from last July, and that ain’t gonna happen tonight

1 Like