Footswitch issue

It’s really not an issue, if you view the cable as the on/off switch … first world problems - lol :wink:

Just something to be aware of …

Sure! I just didn’t want to have to deal with it, because at the time when it was mounted to my pedalboard, I didn’t want to have to deal with the instrument cable which was custom fit for that pedal in its place on the board. That’s what lead me to do the conversion in the first place :wink:

yeah, Ive various ripcord adapters, and then a 9v battery connector… which I use on some products.

if using a pedal board, Id just drill a whole in the FS-6, and fit a DC jack, use centre -ve, so that it matches your pedal board power… no adapters necessary.
(you can also do this in parallel to battery connector, so that it’ll continue to work with a battery)

fit a small switch at the same time, and you’ll have what Boss should have done in the first place :laughing:

strange… on the FS-7 Boss build in a power-socket… but the shape of the foot switch is not so good for my use case

still waiting for my FS-6 to arrive…

I am confused, though, why does a switch need external power?

me too… i thought they don’t. But two people stated here it doesn’t work correctly without on the Hapax …
I’ll see once i get my switch.

With the cheap one it did work without power … just i had to press twice .

my cheap one works perfectly and has no power, so don’t think it’s an issue with the Hapax itself.

The FS-6 is here and does exactly what it should. However, a battery is actually necessary, otherwise nothing reacts on the Hapax.

It sounds like the cheap one is a “toggle” type switch, and not a “momentary.” You can set each switch on the FS-6 to be either type.

you are right… but what i wonder, why did Squarp implemented this so it reacts to the momentary function …
what i mean is the FS-6 works in Momentary setting and so the LED on the Pedal only lights up as long as i push the button
but the Hapax switches between the two states “record on” and “record off”
actually it would make more sense it it would work with the switch setting

send an FR, no reason there could not be an option to work with switch or momentary.

(the pyramid was also momentary, so I guess it wasn’t a frequent request to change it?)

I do think the documentation could be clearer @Thibault_Squarp … e.g. say a momentary pedal is required (currently)

also, it would be nice to have an option to do the action on RELEASE rather than press.

the reason is, I find you can be alot more accurate on timing with releasing, since you are not ‘fighting’ with the spring and travel. i.e. you press to ‘prepare’ to record, then release actually actions the ‘record’
(also allows for overloading different functions on two pedals… but thats a story for another day :wink: )

(its not a big thing to be honest though, as we tend to use quantising anyway… so you can trigger action in advance… so its a ‘nice to have’)

again, perhaps an option…
perhaps there could be ‘multi-choice’ on pedal operation.
momentary - press (current operation) , momentary release, switch.

actually, you could probably label as - Action : Press/Release/Hold (corresponding to above)

just for fun, you could also allow CV in to assigned to same actions :wink:

1 Like

I can confirm the Quiklok PS25 sustain pedal works great as a record pedal for Hapax. Cheap and simple. I think if I had something with batteries in they would be regularly flat