First note not being sent on some tracks?

I have a really strange issue and I cannot figure out if it’s something up with my VST or with the Hapax, I’m pretty positive it’s with the Hapax though.

In short, in some (most) cases the first notes of my drum track is not being triggered. This will stop happening if I slightly advance the first note with utime.

I am on the latest firmware 2.01

See attached video.

Please help :frowning:

Also created a ticket via Contact Us on the website.

I had this issue a few firmware betas ago, but not with 2.01. I emailed back and forth for quite a while with their programmer on this and other MIDI issues (which is a big part of why we got that huge MIDI patch to improve performance). I thought this was fixed, but perhaps not. They’ll probably put you in contact with their programmer, Jean, who will troubleshoot this with you. Not sure you’ll be able to get much of a fix here I’m afraid. But Jean is very responsive. If they come up with a fix for you to try out, they will send a patched firmware version for you to try usually.

I also had this issue when using drum tracks or tracks with a lot more MIDI data. It also did seem to be kind of project specific for some reason.

Are you sending MIDI via USB? I also found that USB was more fussy with this, despite it technically having higher bandwidth for MIDI data than DIN. I was still having some minor issues with my 1010music Blackbox over USB like this and Jean and I chalked it up to more of a compatibility issue between devices, since that device does tend to have issues.

Have you tried fiddling with the MIDI latency compensation “COMP” setting? This didn’t exist yet when I had similar issues. I wonder if that might help for now.

Very interesting you bring up the USB issue. I’ve been using the FH-2 for a while and have dropped notes/triggers every so often. Wondering if an adjustment to the comp could help :thinking:

I would email them/send in a ticket. Most people don’t report issues, so a lot of stuff goes unreported and therefore unfixed. Dropped data is a different issue that latency compensation won’t fix, since it’s not really related to latency. The first note being missed can be latency or other issues.

1 Like