Favourite tips n' tricks?

How’s everyone enjoying their Hapax so far?
I haven’t had a tonne of time to use mine yet but it’s definitely the most streamlined and intuitive midi sequencer I’ve ever used.

Also wondering what everyones favourite feature or trick is?
I’m going to make some time today to run a few arpeggiations with chance FX enabled and create some interesting random melodies.

I’ve been a little bit downhearted because of the slow update speed,
seeing as the creators were talking about a lot of new features in the first 6 months of release, but it’s already a highly functional unit and it sounds like there has been some personal stuff going on behind the scenes slowing things down which is fine.

2 Likes

Been playing with Euclidean and probability lately. Can see myself using that more in the future. Both with drums and synths. Try and make tracks change and progress by twisting knobs rather than elaborate sequencing.

5 Likes

add your lfos and then go to automation screen and add a track controlling the lfo parameters per step!

6 Likes

for drum patterns use maths on all or some of the voices. each one should be different so they are constantly phasing in and out but still never “loop”

4 Likes

I haven’t really built any tips and tricks as of yet. But building a starting template has proved very useful. Especially now that I am getting back into modular along side my midi gear

4 Likes

if you work in a daw with vsts/clap setting up a template with 3-4 drum channels and all other channels preset to the right midi channel can get you into making music fast.