External Clock Sync with Irregular Clock

Hey everyone. Apologies if this has already been asked, but I couldnt find an answer anywhere. I am about to purchase this sequencer, and would like to know about the following:

Often times I use an irregular clock to control my sequences, can the hermod+ behave like an analog step sequencer (1 gate=1 step advance), or does the hermod need to be fed a stable clock? If no one knows, could someone here test this for me?

Thanks in advance,
-Mark

Hi,

Hermod+ does support this.
You’ll find more detail in the manual under Settings>Sync input

2 Likes

Thanks! My Hermod+ will be arriving in a few days. After reading the manual a bit, I saw that the cv in to clock is looking for a maximum of +5v triggers. Some of the clocks I distribute around my system are 8-10V. Are there any negative consequences if I send this module an 8-10V trigger? I have heard horror stories of some early eurorack digital modules failing after receiving a voltage that was too high for its input.

There are protections in place, there should be nothing to worry about. Inputs outside the expected range are simply “clipped”

Thanks for the quick response, I really appreciate it. This will be my first digital sequencer. I cant wait, and thanks for the great customer support on the forum!

1 Like