Enable pattern by default?

Is there any way to just enable patterns by default when you load in a new track? It feels a bit tedious and unnecessary to have to enable patterns for every track when I do want them on every track, every time. :slight_smile:

you can save it as your default track settings, using save track info (note: its per track)

with the pyramid i think its expected that what you do is:
setup the pyramid tracks settings (and general settings) as you like for your normal setup for every track (e.g. midi channel, source, midi in modes, pattern enable, if to use mappings) ,
then use save-> save track info,
save-> save settings

these are used for the default NEW project.

if you want to have a different set of defaults, just save a few projects as ā€˜templatesā€™,
then when you need these, load that template project, an immediately do ā€˜save asā€¦ā€™ so you dont later accidentally overwrite your ā€˜templateā€™

(unfortunately not ā€˜protect optionā€™ to stop thisā€¦ but not too bad if you do it accidentally, as there is a backup on the sdcard you can grab )

this is at least how I use the pyramidā€¦ its great, its ready to go when its powered on (with defaults), but easy to switch to slight variations.

(in fairness, its pretty much the same way I use daws too :wink: )

6 Likes

Ah, yes, of course! Canā€™t believe I didnā€™t think of that, haha. Been doing that in Ableton Live for 10 years, haha. Awesome. Thanks a lot (again) for the info! This will make working with this thing even faster. Have only effectively been using the machine for a couple of hours, but have already made more music on it than a few months with Push 2 (which was a nightmare to use with hardware). Thanks again, itā€™s ace having you around on these forums! :slight_smile:

1 Like

"with the pyramid i think its expected that what you do is:
setup the pyramid tracks settings (and general settings) as you like for your normal setup for every track (e.g. midi channel, source, midi in modes, pattern enable, if to use mappings) ,
then use save-> save track info,
save-> save settings

these are used for the default NEW project."

Ok this just made my day- thanks for posting! Iā€™m working on setting up a template right now and knowing that little bit of info is just clutch. You have my gratitude.
Also, hi @Daisuk long time no see!
Great community here, very helpful.:+1::eyeglasses:

1 Like

great, after all these years I still wasnā€™t aware you could save track info like that :slight_smile:

thanks for the tip!
My setup is way to flexible to set any other defaults, but patterns default on is a great timesaver that is useful on all tracksā€¦

I know patterns were added ā€œlaterā€ in the pyramid, but I donā€™t understand why they chose to make it a toggle and not have it always enabledā€¦ Seems thereā€™s no downsides? Or is that so that you can keep some tracks ā€œstaticā€ with MISC->AUTO PATTERN enabled?

where do i find this, itā€™s not under Save. Thereā€™s just Save, Save as, New, Load. Using latest OS.

Thanks

Do the settings survive firmware updates? I feel like Iā€™ve gone through this process, done firmware updates, and then I lose all the careful work I put into setting up my defaults.

Anyways, I canā€™t quite remember - but I think a firmware update cost me those defaults at some point so I ended up making a template project thatā€™s less work for me to maintain.

[2nd]+[FX] ā†’ [Save]

Right here in the manual:

Is there any advantage to having tracks without patterns enabled? I donā€™t get why enabling it is required.

Iā€™d suspect its for backwards compatibility (as Pyramid did not original have patterns)
there would be a small data overhead, but Id guess itā€™d be pretty tiny - so doubt thats the reason.

but youā€™d have to ask squarp (via contact form ) for a definitive answer.

but as above, you can enable it and forget about it, so not really an issue.

2 Likes