Elektron Analog RYTM mkI Complete control - 1 midi channel

Hello all,
below is the txt file definition for the analog rytm mkI. It only use the analog rytm AUTO channel (in my file = channel 10) for the midi channel.
In order to not use 12 midi channel for each track control, I’ve used the performance + scene.
-> 12 performance pads cc . It allows to control all rytm parameters of all tracks with parameter sweeping (velocity). Instead to use the analog rytm pads, each performance can now be assigned to pyramid knobs or touchpad (really powerfull)
-> idem for scene, except that only 1 knob is needed: velicity =1 is scene 1, velocity =2 is scene 2 etc…

What is included:
-> Note definition
-> performance and scene mapping
-> all effects control

Thanks
yo

NAME:ARYTM
OUT:A
CHANNEL:10
35:PERF1
36:PERF2
37:PERF3
39:PERF4
40:PERF5
41:PERF6
42:PERF7
43:PERF8
44:PERF9
45:PERF10
46:PERF11
47:PERF12
16:DL TIME
17:DL PINGPONG
18:DL STEREO WIDTH
19:DL FEEDBACK
20:DL HP FILTER
21:DL LP FILTER
22:DL REVERB SEND
23:DL MIX VOLUME
24:RV PREDELAY
25:RV DECAY TIME
26:RV SHELV FREQ
27:RV SHELV GAIN
28:RV HP FILTER
29:RV LP FILTER
31:RV MIXVOLUME
70:DIST AMOUNT
71:DIST SYMMETRY
72:DL OVERDRIVE
76:DL DISTCOMP ROUTING
77:RV DISTCOMP ROUTING
78:COMP THRESHOLD
79:COMP ATTACK TIME
80:COMP RELEASE TIME
81:COMP MAKEUP GAIN
82:COMP RATIO
83:COMP SIDECHAINEQ
84:COMP DRY/WET MIX
85:COMP OUTPUT VOLUME
92:SCENE
N0:BD
N1:SD
N2:RS
N3:CP
N4:BT
N5:LT
N6:MT
N7:HT
N8:CH
N9:OH
N10:CY
N11:CB

3 Likes

I always have the idea that the performance mode on the rytm is a bit difficult to control, so this might be the perfect solution! Thanks for the effort.

One question though, is seems not so easy to select a scene by turning a knob in a live setting? Or do you use it only for automation, so change scene on a specific step?

Hope you understand the question… Thanks!

M.

Hi,
yes I understand your analysis. On my side I don’t use the pyramid in a live context.(except for fun) and even I almost don’t use scene. I much prefer the performance mode which is quite straightforward and powerfull (yes performance is difficult to control in the AR due to the poor pad velocity sensitivity). Like you I dont imagine the scene utilisation in a live context. Yet perhaps some live user could share experience here …

Wow man. Congratulations for this job and thanks a lot for the information.
This is like a dream for me, I really want to make it here on my setup.

I Bought an Arturia Beatstep just to use for this but I couldnt make it happen.
Actually, I can control the Performances, this is already amazing :slight_smile:
But the controls of delay and reverb doesnt work :confused:

I found in the end of the AR Manual (Apendix), where have a complete list of controls.
And I did also a test trying to set by NRPN

Parameter - NRPN MSB - NRPN LSB
Delay Time 2 0
Delay Pingpong 2 1
Delay Stereo Width 2 2
Delay Feedback 2 3
Delay Highpass Filter 2 4
Delay Lowpass Filter 2 5
Delay Reverb Send 2 6
Delay Mix Volume 2 7

I couldnt make it. :confused:

Hello
For the beatstep, I can’t help as I dont have it. Perheaps it could be better to post a new topic for this ??