Drum lanes not triggering polyphonically

Hi, I have a drum mode set up on a track that is triggering a sampler with some drum sounds.
Each lane is sending its data out over the same midi channel. Though sending a different note per pad/lane. As this is how my sampler responds to incoming midi. This triggers everything fine when no other notes are being triggered. But let’s say there is a kick (ch6 - n34) and a hh (ch6 - n36) on the same step position but from a different lane. Only one gets triggered on the sampler.
If I am in LIVE MODE - I can trigger both at the same time from the pads on the HAPAX.
It’s just in STEP MODE that this is occurring.

I’ve tested the sampler with other sequencer methods and it works perfectly fine like this.

Is the DRUM LANE (MODE) on the HAPAX limited to monophonic triggering per midi channel?
I would have assumed not but if that’s the case - that changes things drastically.

Any input or suggestions welcome. I’m assuming this is big user error and I’ll be kicking myself when it’s solved.

Many thanks

[UPDATE]

So even when I change each Drum Lane/Pad channels to individual MIDI Channels. The behaviour remains the same. So this tells me it’s not a polyphonic issue - but user error.

I can’t seem to find anything about this in the manual or the forums.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Cheers

[UPDATE] User error confirmed!

I went ahead and created another DRUM TRACK on a different TRACK.
Set all parameters up to how I had them set on the previous track.

It started to trigger as desired. I then went and looked through all the setting of both tracks and noticed I had some effects on the previous TRACK. Though these effects were all switched OFF.

Why would EFFECTS that are switched OFF be effecting the ability to trigger polyphonically?

Interesting.

1 Like

That sounds like a bug.
Which (disabled) effects were you using ?

1 Like

I had same issue and it was a midi effect. I forgot which one it was. Just try them all till you find the culprit.

1 Like

Hi, it would have been an ECHO, LFO & something else that introduces repeats.
Hope that helps.