Doing a full reset - files to be retained?

I bought a used Hermod a couple of days ago, very nice module. As I wanted to do a full reset (which I did not find anywhere in the menus) I started searching here and found the advice to simply delete the content of the SD card.

Is this really good advice? Besides the folders with the project names which can very likely go there is the hermod.bin firmware file (already updated to last release, worked fine), I would definitely keep this on the card.

And there are two other files in the SD card’s root directory:

• CAL.CAL - info in this forum seems to suggest that this may be calibration data, so likely worth keeping
  • AUTOLOAD.AL - no info on this one

Should I keep these files or is it recommended to wipe them for a factory reset?

Thanks,
Chris

Hi @Chris

hermod.bin is the file needed for firmware upgrades, not the firmware which actually runs on the device.
During the upgrade procedure, Hermod looks for a file named hermod.bin, but for day to day use, that file is not needed.

CAL.CAL - info in this forum seems to suggest that this may be calibration data, so likely worth keeping

Correct, you should keep it.

AUTOLOAD.AL - no info on this one

You can delete this one, it’s used to find the project to load at boot. If you delete all projects, it makes sense to delete this as well.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.