Distribute one track’s notes to different MIDI channels

Hi! I’m trying to send notes from a chord to separate midi mono synths. The above doesn’t seem to work for me.

For 2 channels:
hermod channel1
layout > 2 voices, poly
effects > midi output channel 1
hermod channel2
effects > midi output channel 2

Now when I select hermod channel 1 and send midi only the synth listening on channel1 plays. I can see hermod’s channel2 gate and cv lights flashing but nothing is received on the synth listening on channel 2

If I select channel 2 and send midi the synth listening on channel2 now receives all the notes that are sent.

Any ideas? I’d really love to get this working. Thanks!

Please don’t reply to very old posts, particularly when the topic is unrelated. I’ve moved your reply to this new topic.

If I understand correctly, you’re trying to send one track to two separate MIDI channels. You only need to put two MIDI OUTPUT effects in series, in the effects chain of Track 1.

WHY ?

Layouts are strictly for distributing notes across CV/Gate outputs, and only these CV/GATE outputs are affected by the layout. Since you seem to be talking about MIDI only, you can leave the layout to “MONO”.

A “layout > 2 voices, poly” means Track 1 will output notes on CV/GATE 1 and 2.
Events on track 2 are therefore no longer sent to CV/GATE 2. That does not mean that events of track 1 will flow through the effects chain of track 2.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately midi output effects in series duplicate all the notes to each midi channel.

Im trying to distribute notes between midi channels so i can play a chord with each note going to a different mono synth. This would be analogous to the way hermod distributes notes to its cv/gate outs in the poly layout.

Is this maybe not possible with midi?

Thanks!

Edit: I’ve updated the topic to reflect this

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.